Oh man you guys, I wish you could’ve been in my kitchen to smell this one. It was heavenly!
I felt like making something this past weekend when it was chilly (by LA standards) and rainy. We barely have any groceries, but I did have granola supplies!
I love making granola because you can customize the flavors completely and control exactly what’s in it! I’m also pretty sure it’s cheaper to make it then buy it, depending where you’re shopping!
This recipe is easy and tasty, smells delicious and is SO good on plain yogurt. If you don’t have this exact Ancient Nutrition S’mores Protein, I’d say use regular chocolate protein powder and then just throw some marshmallows in once the granola is completely cooled!
S’mores Protein Granola
3 cups rolled oats
1 scoop Ancient Nutrition S’mores Bone Broth Protein
1/2 cup walnuts, almonds or cashews
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2/3 cup melted coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
sea salt and for finishing
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees fahrenheit and spray a baking sheet with coconut oil or line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the oats, protein powder, nuts, cocoa powder, and coconut sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla.
3. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir to combine completely. Spread the oat mixture in an even layer on the baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stopping halfway through to stir.
4. After the 45 minutes, turn the oven off, take the baking sheet out, add in the chocolate chips, and stir one more time. Pop in the oven for 5-10 more minutes (so the chocolate melts a little and clings to the oats!) and then remove.
5. Let cool completely (at least one hour), then store in an airtight container. Enjoy in a bowl with almond milk, over yogurt, in smoothies, or by the handful!
Hope you all have a wonderful week!!!